The Parent of a Child at School Visitor visa is for those parents who want to accompany their child to the United Kingdom while they attend school. This provides them with the opportunity to look after their child while they are studying at a UK school.
UK Parent of a Child at School Visa
Parent of a Tier 4 Child Visitor Visa Basic Requirements
To qualify for a Parent of a child at school visitor visa, applicants must:
- have a child who is studying at or about to start studying at an independent fee-paying day school in the UK or have a Tier 4 (Child) Visa,
- have sufficient funds to support themselves while in the UK, without recourse to public funds or working,
- meet the visitor visa requirements,
- maintain a second home outside the UK,
- plan to leave the UK at the end of the visit,
- be able to meet the cost of their return or onward journey.
Parent Of A Tier 4 Child Visitor Visa Entitlements
The visa can be granted for either 6 or 12 months. Thereafter, extensions may be granted for 12 months at a time until the Tier 4 Child reaches 12 years of age. Parents are not permitted to work and must be able to support themselves during their stay in the UK.